Selection & Evaluation Criteria
Check out the minimum eligibility and evaluation paramenters
- Applications must be submitted by entities registered and incorporated in India.
- The proposal should be relevant and aligned to at least one of the problem statements given above.
- The innovation should have completed the proof-of-concept stage and pre-clinical validation stage.
- Applicant must submit validation data for justifying support for the next stage.
- Transparency in furnishing relevant data in support of the proposed innovation should be agreeable by the applicant.
- The innovation should be TRL- 5 and above (See FAQ for an explanation on TRL)
- Promising proposals at TRL 5, 6 & 7 will be supported for product development, clinical validation, regulatory approvals, and multi-centric trials
- Promising innovations at TRL 8 & 9 will be supported for evidence demonstration, community validation and acceleration.
- The innovation should be superior to the currently available solutions or approaches in terms of sensitivity, specificity, accuracy, safety, turnaround time, usability in peripheral settings, unit pricing.
- The innovation should have the potential for scale-up across diverse settings.
- It is desirable if the innovation is amenable to being multi-disease applicable.
The following falls outside the scope of the Quest and will not be supported by IHF and KIIT-TBI:
- Basic science research
- Epidemiological studies/surveys/disease burden analysis
- Proposals focused on pure service delivery
- Innovations in the ideation/ proof-of-concept stage/ formative studies
- Applications that propose incremental solutions without a clear innovative element
- Non-alignment with national goals of the Government
- Non-alignment with the Sustainability Development Goals (SDGs) related to healthcare
The applications will be evaluated on the following parameters.
Uniqueness of the innovation
Stage of Development / Validation data
Problem Solution Fit
Scalability and Adoption potential
Financial & Business Sustainability
Entrepreneur/ Team Strength
Regulatory & legal readiness